Monday, August 10, 2009

110th Olds fair and rodeo

This past weekend I made my debut in broadcasting the all pro Canadian pony chuck wagon races.

I have never even seen a pony chuck race before Friday, so it was a learning experience to say the least.

In 3 days I not only learnt the sport, but also how exciting it can be...especially when it came to Championship Sunday. Heading into the final day of action, there was only .08 seperating first from second for the overall win. In some glorious foresight, the heat makers ended up having the top 2 drivers in the final heat of the day. It was hyped to be the biggest race of the weekend, and it lived up to hype in every sense of the phrase. It was a dead heat between Larry Myer and Marvin Hubl with it also being the fatest time of the weekend. a blistering 56.39! one of the fastest times on the year, not only this weekend.

So Larry Myer wins the title at the 110th annual Olds fair and rodeo by .08 of a second. Epic and Awesome.

I had a blast and can only hope that Galen and Cory go on holidays for next years rodeo so I can do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment