Tuesday, July 28, 2009

April Wine Review

Well last night was our first birthday bash. To think that Rock 104 is already 1 is insane to think about, but talk about celebrating it right!

The show opened at 7:30 with the winners of our rock 104 star search, Eve's Reflection, and let me tell you, they gained a lot of local fans last night after their set. The riffs that comes from Ben's amp is something that instantly gets the crowd on their side, but when Rocky revs her voice into full rock mode, you could see the heads turning of people not paying attention, into wide eyes and head bopping.

Eve's Reflection delievered a performance that set the stage for an amazing night.

Shortly after 8:30 April Wine took the stage and kicked off a jaw dropping set of hits.

I got a set list after the show, but this is not exactly what they played...Myles decided to switch a few songs mid set, but I was already in "full party" mode, so I am not sure what exactly was changed. but here's the list I have -

Wanna Rock
Big city girls
Dawn
Say Hello
Enough is enough
Lady run, lady hide
Last time I ever sing the blues
Tellin me lies
All over town
Drop your guns
Tonite is a wonderful time
Just between you and me
Anything you want, you got it
Sign of the Gypsy Queen
Roller

ENCORE -
I like to Rock
Oowatanite

It was an incredible show, and I can tell you for a fact that the band had a blast being here. Myles hardly ever stops and really talks to the audience, and he did last night. They were so impressed with the way we filled the grandstand, and the way they were treated.

Thanks to everyone for supporting us at Rock 104!

People are already asking about our 2nd birthday bash...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks 104 for bringing your listeners yet another great music experience!
    I enjoyed the concert last night, as "April Wine's Greatest Hits" was played & loved "awhile" ago by my friends and I. Here is something we were discussing with our friends later on. I know that they record new CD's, but bands such as April wine, people come for the classics. It's why we fell in love with their music, why they are where they are today, and why they can fill a Grandstand. There were a few songs I would have loved to hear last night, but they used up too much time, in my opinion, playing new ones which no one knew.

    ReplyDelete